SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER

11/21/2014

اَلسَّلَامُ عَلَيْكُمْ وَرَحْمَةُ اللهِ وَبَرَكَا تُهُ

Party girls don't get hurt
Can't feel anything, when will I learn
I push it down, I'm the one for a good time call
Phone's blowin'up, they're ringin' my doorbell
I feel the love, 1, 2, 3 1, 2, 3 drink
Throw them back, 'till I lose count

I'm gonna swing from the chandelier,
I'm gonna live like tomorrow doesn't exist
I'm gonna fly like a bird through the night
feel my tears as they dry
But I'm holding on for dear life,
won't look down won't open my eyes
Keep my glass full until morning light,
'cos I'm just holding on for tonight

Sun is up, I'm a mess
Gotta get out now, gotta run from this
Here somes the shame.

Sia - Chandelier

NEVER ever getting bored of listening, watching, and imagining Chandelier song and music video of Sia. The 12 years old Maddie Ziegler, the girl at the video brings out the mood of the song perfectly. Love the creepy look at the video, the choreography and the expression shows by Maddie is perfection and I am addicted to it.



I don't know exactly the meaning of the song itself, for me the song is about neglected feeling and trying to run from it. I myself don't do party or drink to overcome heavy problems. Or maybe let's say I'm having a party, but "party" in another meaning, where there is only myself, eating my favorite ice cream, chocolates, listening to my favourite songs, dancing alone, crying, drawing, taking pictures with my camera, calling my mom and praying to Allah. Thank God I'm not the kind of person who destruct something or hurt my self when I feel bad, melancholic, or burdened by some problems. I prefer to celebrate it by feel it, I let myself taste the bitter feeling, being melancholic for a while, give some time to myself, then I feel it is easier to face it and let it go. Anger and blaming yourself don't solve the problems, but acceptance do. 

I wonder, what do you do when you feel sad or burdened by heavy problems?


Say nothing but SAY Hijab :)
Please kindly follow my blog if you like my blog post:
SWING FROM THE CHANDELIER





Follow your heart,
Salaam


Yulia Rahmawati

You Might Also Like

4 comment

  1. Of course girls and women with extremely different lifestyles can share feelings and emotions. I guess you refer to the graphic lyrics of the song in that way. Because, no, reading your posts, you're definitely not the kind of girl who swings from the chandeliers, dancing and boozing along night after night till dawn... :)
    PS: How about your eyes????

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Colson: Hehe. I'll post about my eyes, at my next blog post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When i have problems and need mood booster, i play with my friends or do things that I like :)
    How are you Yulia? Long time no BW here, ehehe :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this song and can't stop listening to it! I also made a special post on my blog because the girl, the dance and everything is in my head! When I am sad, I prefer to call a friend and go out. Sometimes it does happen to get drunk, haha. It helps, but only sometimes.

    sunandsany

    ReplyDelete

hello...
thx for droppin' by at my blog
I would love to receive ur comment,,,
And I would really love if you wanna exchange link with me,,,

xoxo
YULIA RAHMAWATI
Get Up,Survive, Go Back To The Bed

Hi, thanks for visiting. Happy Reading ...

Hi, thanks for visiting. Happy Reading ...

LOVELY PEOPLE

Subscribe